From November 6 to November 8, 2019, at the Institute of Hydrobiology NAS of Ukraine, a conference dedicated to the 110th anniversary of the founding of the Dniprovska Biological Station “Perspectives on Hydroecological Research in the Context of Environmental Issues and Social Challenges” was held during the VIII Congress of the Hydroecological Society of Ukraine. The conference brought together scientists from different parts of Ukraine and foreign guests.
The conference was attended by 138 participants - representatives of 33 institutions of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Institute of Hydrobiology, Institute of Marine Biology, M.G. Kholodny Institute of Botany, Black Sea Biosphere Reserve, etc.), institutions of higher education (Zhytomyr Ivan Franko State University, Ternopil Volodymyr Hnatiuk National Pedagogical University, Odessa I.I.Mechnikov National University, V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University, Bogomolets National Medical University, etc.), sectoral academies of science, departmental institutions (Ukrainian Scientific Research Institute of Ecological Problems, The Institute of Fisheries) foreign guests (Belarusian State University (Belarus), International Association for Danube Research (Austria, Germany, Romania), Fukushima University (Japan), University of Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina), Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University (Georgia), and etc.).
In total, 7 plenary reports, 11 posters and 81 oral presentations were presented. On the first day, the participants of the conference heard the plenary reports of leading Ukrainian and foreign scientists:
1) Afanasyev S.O., Yuryshynets V.I. "110 YEARS OF DNIPROVSKA BIOLOGICAL STATION: FROM THE ORIGINS OF UKRAINIAN HYDROBIOLOGY TO THE MODERNITY";
2) Sandu C. (IAD President), Hein Th., Bloesch J., Cyffka B., Lyashenko A. "HYDROLOGY AND LIMNOLOGY - KEY TOOLS IN RIVER BASIN MANAGEMENT";
3) Minicheva H.H. "METHODOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF CREATION OF THE REGULATORY BASE OF MONITORING OF UKRAINE'S SEA WATERS (ON THE EXAMPLE OF MACROFITOBENTOS)"
4) Vyshnevskyi V.I., Shevchuk S.A. "APPLICATION OF REMOTE SENSING OF EARTH IN RESEARCH OF DNIPRO RIVER RESERVOIRS";
5) Novitskyi R.O. "A COMPREHENSIVE APPROACH TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF BIOMELIORATION MEASURES (ON THE EXAMPLE OF THE DNIPROVSKIY RESERVOIR)";
6) Cyffka Bernd "DANUBE FLOODPLAIN PROJECT";
7) Yaroshevych O. "WATER SECTOR REFORM IN UKRAINE".